The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (DaveV, GMCJammer51, Phak1, Ponchogl), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,551
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Does anyone know where I can get the interior windshield trim for a 52? This is the trim that has the defroster vents in it. I believe they should be SS. Also, they are U shaped, top bottom and outside wall. Top and bottom meet in the middle.

No problem finding exterior bit can find interior.


1952 Chevy Pickup - 3100 in process resto
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Here is a shot of a full set of the interior parts (mid-49-53).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/11593840945/in/set-72157631868452754
The center section and cover clips are reproduced ClassicParts.com carries it under part# 32-130, there may be others.
The u-shaped pieces I am not aware of reproductions, post an ad in the Swap Meet here. A caution on them, they have clips and pads to aid in spacing and to keep the vent area open if you get used they are often rotted or missing from condensation build-up so check.
The only SS inside the cab on window trim I have ever seen is on the side windows like this.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129182561/in/set-72157631867396207
All windshield interior trim I have seen is painted. Most likely to avoid glare issues that SS would enable.
Early trim sets (47-mid 49) often have the more decorative cover clips, the corresponding u-trim has a tab extension for these to screw into. They will also fit if you can find them.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129177743/in/set-72157631867396207
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8331300940/in/set-72157631867396207


Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 55
chucklaw25: I have a couple of extra sets. Need a good cleaning (I usually glass bead everything before priming and painting). Pay for the ride and they're yours. Send me your address and I'll let you know what the cost is.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
That's great! Thank you. These are VERY hard to find!

Can you email me and I'll send you my address.
[email protected]

Last edited by chucklaw25; 10/26/2014 10:27 PM.

1952 Chevy Pickup - 3100 in process resto
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Mark

Is the trim piece still available? Where you able to determine the shipping cost?


1952 Chevy Pickup - 3100 in process resto

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0