The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bill Hanlon), 91 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Last fall, we held a gathering at the main brewing facility of the Devil's Backbone Brewing Company. We took the time to organize several convoy meeting locations and by the time we were close to the brewery, we had over a dozen trucks in convoy. It was an excellent time by all! Here is the slideshow from last year:
2013 DB trip

We are planning to do the same thing again this year, only I hope we have even more attending! This year we are planning to go on Saturday Nov 1st.

Let's figure out who can attend and start setting up those convoys!!!


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
I am in...will likely be joining up in the Fredericksburg formation. Wherever that decides to meet.

Jim


1957 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside
235, 3-speed w/OD
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
I'm in. What time? 11am like last time?


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Correct. Just like last year they will open early for us. 11:00am.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
If only it was 3 hours due north!


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Originally Posted by 53 green 1- ton
If only it was 3 hours due north!


This wouldn't be an issue if we had gone ahead with your axle upgrade at Winchester ... wink


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
That trailer of yours can easily make it to the Devil's Backbone.

Just ask Marlow and Mikey.

smile


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
I am in. May decide to overnight. Cooler is empty and needs db.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Low blow there "Book Boy"


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Is this thing gonna be overnight?


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
From the president's desk on the road in a foreign country (New York),

All in for 1 November @ 1100 hours. Interested in the possibility of overnight as well.

Thanks for your good work here SAA Sweet!

regards,

Cosmo



~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
I might be in. It all depends on if I can get those darn windows in my doors. As for overnite, are you talking camping or notell motel. I took my camper for a test run behind my truck and pulled like it wasn't there so I may pull it with me.

Oh yeah. Does this mean I'll have to learn to drink beer.Larry

Last edited by LarryW; 10/05/2014 2:18 PM.

58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Had a great time last year, but doesn't look good this year. Inbound relatives gonna put a damper on it. So sad....
Victor


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I'll be out of town, sorry to miss it.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Any updates??? Do I need a tent and sleeping bag????


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 173
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 173
darn i cannot make the 1st. big conflict with our annual church event.
but i may be able to drive up on Sun morning and meet up with the campers and then drive home with trkngmc if he camps over? otherwise it will just be a great drive.


Alec
51 Chevy 3100
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Sorry camping is not on my schedule. And I can only imagine how fast you would run the parkway now that your sway bar is on!


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
I would like to join in if that's ok? I'm thinking I should meet the convoy in route. I live 15 miles down I-64 east from zion crossroads. Does the convoy come that way or do I meet up with yall around Charlottesville? I have a few bugs to work out before then since my machine just got back on the road from all my setbacks in this project!


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
hardshell, I'm planning on going but I don't plan on using I64. I'll either use rt 6 from Richmond or 250. I'm not comfortable with running 65 or 70 with my truck yet so I'll take the slow road. I still have some windows to put in before then. Maybe we can meet up and travel together.Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Hardshell/Larry

That's great that you both can make it!

Last year we had a meeting point at the Chevrolet dealership in Orange, which is now a JD dealership I think. We can move that meeting point a little further down the road to one that you are familiar with if you like.

As for an update on overnights and such, I have not heard from the brewery. They are in the middle of a fall festival so I'm not expecting to hear until later this week.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Thanks Chris


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
Larry my truck is original gears and likes 50 to 55 mph so I -64 is not my choice either. I live 4 miles North of route 250 in the Hadensville area. We can certainly meet up in route to catch the convoy.

I'll check back here to see where everyone would like to meet. Moving the meeting place is fine. Just let me know, I used to work in Orange so I know that area and Gordonsville. Looking forward to meeting everyone!


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
Sounds like a winner. I used 250 today, took my truck up to my brothers and we put some windows in the doors. We could probable meet on 250 at that gas station right there at Hadensville. "Dukes" I believe is the name of it, and run 250 all the way to C'ville. We'll touch base and figure were to meet up with the rest.Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
I spoke with DB today, camping is available at a campground called Misty Mountain for tents. This place is a 20 minute drive from the brewery.



SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
I believe I've stayed there before? Looking alot like a day trip without the truck unless there are others that are willing to camp. I could possibly bring both if camping.

Last edited by Mike Roache; 10/16/2014 1:10 AM.

Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
I think they used to allow camping on site. However the neighbors have complained so they decided to move the craziness to offsite.


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Ok everyone, time to get a roll call so I can let them know how many are coming. So please provide the following:

Are you in? Will you be part of a convoy?


SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
In and yes convoy. Modern vehicle


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 402
Absolutely In.

Convoying with Fredericksburg Division (one of two, so far)...

Jim


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
In. Bringing up the SOMD division of convoy.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
IN, I'll be in the bar when y'all arrive.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Penciled IN. Two people.

Update (short version): The ethanol-laced crap that gets sold as gasoline these days finally had its way with the carburetor Mike Roache graciously lent me for Charlie. Replacement carb should arrive in time for Charlie to be back in a flight-worthy status by Game Day.

Bringing a friend. Peggy may sit this one out.

JM


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
I'm in. Hopefully no rain as I don't have wipers. Are we camping or not, if so I'll be pulling my camper with the 58. I live in Richmond so I'll be coming west up 250 maybe with hardshell. What are the meet points and when.

Oh Yeah. Where is this place anyway incase I get lost.Larry

Last edited by LarryW; 10/22/2014 5:13 PM.

58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
I'm in too. My truck needs another trip and so do I. We can meet at dukes Larry and cruise up 250 to catch the convoy. we need to find out where and what time to meet the convoy? Here is my number Larry so you will have it to call just in case you need to reach me. Jim Christian..... (804) 357-4359.


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Thanks for the reference, Grigg. The places it shows for SoMD all are gas docks for boats smile

Anyway, new carb came in from Larry Isgro and went on yesterday --- Charlie is back in an "up" status.

I'll be part of the SoMD Convoy. We need a time and place for the Fredericksburg rendezvous.

Larry, We're going here -- The Devils Backbone Brewing Company Basecamp Brewpub in Roseland


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
Thanks John. Are we camping, if so where? I'll be passing through close to your location Monday. Headed to Williams Warf to help friend winterize her cottage and pick up a couple of john boats.Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
I forgot, where are the meet up locations? Hardshell and I will be coming up Rt 250 from Richmond.Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Larry -- Last I heard, this is a day trip. No overnighter.

As for joining up with the convoy, you'll have to consult with Sweet or one of the other Virginia Boys as I am not familiar with that highway.

Has anyone heard from any of the other Norfolk contingent -- Bread, Mobile Ortho, 52Carl, the safety man, etc??


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
ODSS Lawman
ODSS Lawman
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,418
Larry

This week we will nail down the meeting place. Typically the SOMD contingency crosses the Potomac and meets up with the Fredericksburg group. We then goto Wilderness then to Shadwell. Finally picking up the President in UVAland then a nice 30 min cruise to the brewery in convoy.



SWEET
Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....
1950 GMC 450
1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton
The GreenMachine
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0