The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hanks custodian, 3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Ponchogl), 97 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,580
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#106119 02/20/2004 3:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
When I bought my truck it didn't have the passenger door lock cylinder. frown Can someone snap and email me a pic of your lock cylinder mechanism? Expecially the part at the end of the little square drive that trips the little bar on latch (I think). I bought several door lock cylinders on ebay and I think there's still something missing that I need. :confused: Thanks, john. grin

#106120 02/20/2004 9:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
Steppenwood,

I hope to get those photos for you on Sunday unless someone gets them to you before then. Long work week this week. Sorry for the delay.

#106121 02/20/2004 10:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
Thanks, that really helps me....ALOT.

#106122 02/23/2004 6:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
Steppenwood,

I did not forget. Sorry. One 17 and one 14 hour day (night) have left me a little sleep deprived. I am recharged and hope to post your pics sometime in the next day or so. Sorry for the delay.

#106123 02/24/2004 12:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
Steppenwood,

I opened up the door to get photos. Not sure if they will help. They don't show much. Most of the mechanism is hidden by the door frame.

Let me know if you need more inside door shots. Sorry, I don't plan on popping the locks out until next winter. I think you will be done by then...

JEK

#106124 02/24/2004 4:30 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
Thanks for posting that picture. I think I see what I'm missing. I don't have that little button shaped piece with the little square hole. I guess I need a whole 'nother latch. :rolleyes: john.

#106125 02/24/2004 4:44 AM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 20
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 20
Hope this diagram will help.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0