| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (wilbur53, 2 invisible),
71
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,572 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | When I bought my truck it didn't have the passenger door lock cylinder.  Can someone snap and email me a pic of your lock cylinder mechanism? Expecially the part at the end of the little square drive that trips the little bar on latch (I think). I bought several door lock cylinders on ebay and I think there's still something missing that I need. :confused: Thanks, john.  | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | Steppenwood,
I hope to get those photos for you on Sunday unless someone gets them to you before then. Long work week this week. Sorry for the delay. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Thanks, that really helps me....ALOT. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | Steppenwood,
I did not forget. Sorry. One 17 and one 14 hour day (night) have left me a little sleep deprived. I am recharged and hope to post your pics sometime in the next day or so. Sorry for the delay. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | Steppenwood,
I opened up the door to get photos. Not sure if they will help. They don't show much. Most of the mechanism is hidden by the door frame.
Let me know if you need more inside door shots. Sorry, I don't plan on popping the locks out until next winter. I think you will be done by then...
JEK | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Thanks for posting that picture. I think I see what I'm missing. I don't have that little button shaped piece with the little square hole. I guess I need a whole 'nother latch. :rolleyes: john. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 20 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 20 | Hope this diagram will help. | | |
| |
| |