If your truck breaks down,please don't ask me to help-you'll get JINXED!! Since my fuel /vacuum issue,when installing the HEI,to the crankcase pressure issue last month,I thought...all is well...NO!! Now it starts immediately,but will only run smoothly,at full choke-even after a 15-minute warm-up!I have Fenton's and run one heat tube to the intake. Should i run the second? i installed the heat tube,since the muffler shop didn't think the truck would need any! Engine warms up to 12:00 position,on stock gauge. I replaced the fuel lines,(rubber and steel),from the tank to the fuel pump. New fuel pump. Rebuilt,(donor) carburetor. Calibrated float level/drop before assembling. I'm Winterizing it tomorrow. I think it goes back to a deep seated vacuum issue,so I'll find that valve in the atmosperic line. Since the 2-speed switch has been gone for??,and was attached to the transmission,I need to check to see if those lines are plugged,as well. Yep,I'm going with the compression leak-down test,as well. I just can't believe I didn't blow a seal. There isn't a drop under the truck,since having it towed. Had it running at idle,a couple of times for a 1/2 hour or so. I can't drive it...After 3rd gear,and a little throttle,it acts like it's starving for gas. I backed it up,and parked it. I ohwell 'll keep you posted on my lack of progress!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.