The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series), 231 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1056565 09/16/2014 6:29 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
Good afternoon guys and gals.im in the process of putting a 42 suburban back on the road and I'm having a hard time finding the middle and back seats.So I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can either repop seats or blue prints to make my own.any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

If you know a place that reproduces these seats or has plans/blueprints for seats, please post that information.

If you want to have a private conversation, use Private Message or email (if the user has an email address in their Profile) - click on their name at the top-left of their message.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
If I find the info I will most definitely post it here.so far no luck.i found a guy who reproduces the 47 to 55 middle and back seats but nothing for the art deco years yet.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 103
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 103
yes I looked for years no luck
had to cut and weld a 40s pickup seat for middle and rear seats.
Hope you do better. Bill

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
i am not trying to sell any seats in this thread i just want to let him know i can send pictures of what the seats look like.
Sorry if it looked like i was sell some.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 96
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 96
I was just hoping to see what my seats should look like. I have all three rows, but no mounting hardware. Maybe i can make them if I see what they are supposed to look like. I appreciate your position and keep up the good work. Hope all is well, Richard


Richard J Patrick - 1946 Suburban
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
pm sent.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
Ah yes mounting hardware.does anyone have pictures or how to mount them.thanks to all who are helping.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
55 gmc I have a 39 pick up truck that came with extra seats. Do you remember the dimensions or what all I need to make them work incase I can't find any seats?

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 237
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 237
Go to this site at the bottom of this note. You will find in the second row of prints down a top and side view of the seats with the important dimensions.

I found a local guy to bend and weld up the tubing and a sheet metal shop to make the backs. I am using vinyl over marine foam rubber for the seats.

FYI the left front and center seat are the same dimensions so all you need to do is change the way they mount to the floor.

I am keeping the third seat simple, 46 inches wide.

As old and scarce as these vehicles are there is no one alive who remembers them any way so how can they criticize them.

They mount to the floor with key hole type slots and toggle bolts with wing nuts.


www.46chevytruck.com/46suburbanrestoration.htm

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
Thank you very very much you are awesome.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
I found a guy in northern California who claims to be repoping the 41 to 46 middle and rear seats.if this pans out I will post his in formation and number.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
Sorry I sold the burb before completing the measurements


Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0