The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gray_Ghost, TUTS 59, Jon G, Wally / Montana, Simon1954, rfs56trk), 249 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1054722 09/08/2014 3:18 AM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 21
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 21
Just finishing front disc brakes and firewall mounted power booster in my 49 3100. Future thoughts were to add dual 1bbl carbs and split exhaust to the 235 ci engine. Will this fit now?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

You'd have to post a link to a picture of what you have.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
What's the clearance like now,between your power booster,and stock intake? You can almost visualize if it'll fit,or not. The dual intake will have about the same configuration,as the stock. Just find a small box,or something of similar size, to your carb.,set it back,(toward firewall), on your stock intake,and check for clearance issues. They should clear the hood with no problem. Exhaust shouldn't be an issue. Hope this helps! Like Tim says:) Please post a link.


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 21
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 21
I was a little premature when I said I was almost done. Stopped before I mounted the firewall unit. Hopefully this weekend. I will go ahead with the install then some photos and measurements. I am guessing that the carb centerline is similar to single carb - distance of carb center off valve cover center. Using measurements off future air cleaner diameter I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks for input. Will post more as I progress.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
all I know is things gonna be packed pretty tight in that corner...

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
TX Willie,That's what I'm thinking,too. Best of luck with install!


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0