The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
I am trying to make a hitch for the AD Pickup and need to know the exact purpose of all of the holes on the side and top of the very back 7" of frame rail. I already know the two on each side for the bumper bolts and the center one for rivet relief, but the other ones I am not sure. Is there a diagram somewhere for 1950? Thanks!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Deve,

The FAM has frame details for most models and that may answer some of your questions. May want to contact Denny since he has a very original 50' to compare what goes where.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
The 54 year model is the only FAM we have available. I know it 'says' 47-54 but no, I looked in mine and there is nothing there that looks like the back of a 1950 frame. It appears as though a bed cross rail goes there from looking at my 53, but its so badly rusted out, I cant really tell.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
Denny's is a 3/4 ton, so I am back to square one. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Deve; 08/18/2014 3:16 AM. Reason: sp

Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 224
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 224
I am going off the info for my 3800, but the last 7" should only be concerned with bolt holes for the bumper brackets and the rear bed sill. I also had a one ton panel truck that had a frame extension on a 3600 frame for the proper length. I gathered from this that not all holes were for just one application. Also from my own truck, there are a few extraneous holes that a PO may have supplied. That didn't stop me from putting on a bumper.


Dave Baird
1951 Chevy 3803

Foot starters are for Stovebolters and people who need a kick in the ...
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
Nice Dave. Each picture is a clue that really helps out. Thanks for your input!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0