The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (RLB, Patina 54), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,426
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103435 06/22/2004 11:32 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
rust is appearing on the seam around the beltline of my AD cab and I bel;ieve it can be blasted out with a "pocket" blaster. what is a good product to put in the seam after it is done before it is painted.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
#103436 06/23/2004 3:54 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
I had to blast that seam in my truck too. I then applied some "rust Mort" to kill any remaining rust . Then I sprayed that area with some DP40 "epoxy primer" and then applied some 3M seam sealer that I purchased in at the paint store. The next day I applied two coats of K200 a fill primer and that was it for the prep. It's been over 6 years and no rust bubbles have appeared so I guess it worked.


Joe
#103437 06/23/2004 1:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have deja vu three times now regarding this thread.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0