The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Lightholder's Dad, J Lucas, Hotrod Lincoln), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,338
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#103249 09/26/2003 7:21 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
I have noticed after 2000 miles of driving, my front fenders are getting beat by rocks from the inside. The black paint has a few (stars) in it from were rocks hit it. Does anybody have any idea on what I could line the fenders with? The
Line-X guy though $100 per fender would be fair, I didn't eek . I bought some Peal-&-Stick roofing mat, it worked great till I parked in the sun. It fell right off :mad: . Undercoating seem to be the next step. If it doesn't work, then I am stuck with clean up. Any ideas? Joe

#103250 09/26/2003 1:12 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Stop running over rocks.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#103251 09/26/2003 1:37 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
I'd just use some of the spray-on undercoating. Maybe a few coats of it over a couple days.

#103252 09/26/2003 10:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 38
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 38
I bought some fiberglass fenders that the previous owner had sprayed with bed liner, such as linex. I'm not sure which brand it is, but it's real tough and I haven't noticed any stars in the paint so far.

good luck.

brian


"So many trucks, so little time!"

Vehicle list:
down to 2 now.
1 - 1967 Chevy 3/4 ton LWB 4x4
2 - do I dare say it??? a 61 Ford Unibody
#103253 10/05/2003 12:41 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
I was at my local paint shop and I noticed they had the same stuff that they use on Rhino or Lin-X bed liners. They also had the generic little spayer too. Didn't look too hard to do yourself.

#103254 10/05/2003 4:14 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
I thinking the do it yourself bed liner coating may be the way to go. I don't need the whole fender done, just a small area towards the back. I will have to check out my local paint dealer and see whats avalible. Sure wish I would of thought about this before painting! Joe

#103255 10/06/2003 1:30 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
what about the generic bedliner stuff u can buy by the gallon? Ive seen it at Walmart and local chain parts stores. looks like u can just roll it on. Let us know what you did, i will be looking at doing that in the future.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0