The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (baldeagle, Southerntruck, Hanks custodian, Woodcmiami, J Lucas, Rusty Shackleford, TooMany2count), 79 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10303 01/10/2003 12:03 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab
Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
I have a 62 3/4 ton, long wheel base PU with a one piece drive shaft. I was told that these trucks came with a two piece dive shaft.

I had a really bad vibration and just learned that the bushing at the back of the 3sp trans was bad. I suspect that the one piece drive shaft (had it balanced a while back) created the problem but I don't know for sure.

Does anybody know for sure if this truck came with a two piece shaft?

Should I replace it with a two piece drive shaft?


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
Is there a cross-member with two bolt holes about 6 inches apart just above the drive-line? (the cross-member is located just at the rear of the cab or the front of the bed)


There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab
Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
Thanks for the reply.

I don't remember such a cross-member but I will check later today and let you know. I assume that if it exists this would be the juncture/evidence of a split drive shaft, right?


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
If there is evidence of a carrier mount there was a two-piece shaft. Iirc, all Chevy 3/4 tons of this vintage had two piece shafts.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab
Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
No carrier mount. So this means that it came with a one piece drive shaft?

The vibration was the output shaft bushing. I wonder if the long one piece drive shaft is putting to much strain on it.

Thanks for the input.


delete my account and pictures

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0