The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Southerntruck, Gray_Ghost, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, JW51, MRMEROTH11, Mike Burns, KEVINSKI), 77 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,396
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1028964 05/16/2014 2:47 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 202
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 202
Next Friday, May 23 (2pm to 9pm) and Saturday, May 24 (8am to 4pm) is the swap meet at the Tradex center at the Abbotsford airport. I will be going on Saturday. See you there.


Keep the 216's running. 1949 1/2 ton model #1314 (US 3104) Brian
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
I was wanting to go Friday but the A&W in Mission is having the first cruise of the year, so I guess Saturday morning it is.
Looking for a front bumper taht looks better than mine.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
I'll probably go Friday. Last year, if you paid $5 extra they let you in early! Score.... how much does it cost to put a table in there I wonder? Anyone ever do it?


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Will be over Saturday about 1030. Each year we charter a bus from Victoria. A long day for a short stay. Not to mention paying very high prices for parts all because of the wonderful BC Ferries fares.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 15
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 15
I'll be there with stall number 1559 in the south east corner outside. Please stop by and say hi. I'll have some 1957 Chev truck grill parts and some GM of Canada books for Bolts.


1955 CDN built 1435 one ton panel (#275 of 408 built)
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
So Sedgewick, if I see a group of old guys wandering about, that's you in there?
Maybe I run into you. I'm the one with the "deer in the headlights' look.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
I'll be at a booth.Outside south end

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
i need a couple of fenders for my latest project, a 1950 Chev 4 dr sedan deluxe. I believe the 2dr and 4dr fenders are the same.


1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd
1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
1957 Oldsmobile 88 2dr hardtop
1959 B130 International one ton dually
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 33
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 33
You've never seen so many middle age guys sporting grey facial whiskers of some sort until you attend one of these swap meets. Tons of stuff to look at and purchase but unfortunately I couldn't find the things I was looking for and the things I was interested in, you'd think they were gold plated. Might have to go again tomorrow because I don't think you can cover it all in one day.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
Went today. Didn't get too much. A pair of backup lights for the two ton, a box of about 50 assorted sockets (mostly Craftsman), an old utility light I want to make into a desk lamp, and a battery hold down for my tractor. ff171 is right about some of the prices. Who would want a $600 oil sign? I couldn't look at it thinking of the money. Mike, I didn't see any fenders for your 1950 Chev, but there is a guy from Alberta with a pile of pictures of vehicles he has in Alberta. He might have something for you.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I think I was the only guy in the group without a grey beard but its true that about 90% of the men there wear grey beards and ball caps. The guy I went to Portland looks that way and after talking to so many people who I thought was him I realized they weren't.
Got to Tradex on Saturday but was not impressed this year. Seems like fewer vendors yet more people selling household items like dishes and kitchenwares. The new highway from the ferry was good. Saved about 20 minutes.
Prices were high which I attribute to those picking programs on TV. An old beat-up pocket tobacco tin for $20? C'mon guys!!


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
hippy #1031099 05/26/2014 12:39 AM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 33
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 33
I have to agree with Sedgewick about those picker shows driving up prices. Everyone seems to think they have a rare (fill in item here) and it's worth it's weight in gold. Also all those auto resto shows makes me believe my rusty old '53 GMC is worth a small fortune.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
I guess I fit into the 90 %, didn't shave before I went.
I spent about 4 hours looking for something to buy. Bought a little air filter to try and head light retainer rings. Found out today they weren't matching rings so I could only use one. The guy had zap strapped them together, close but no cigar.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I looked at those headlight rings as well I think. Just outside the main building. He also had a headlight bucket but it was for a 55 or 56 car. One of those rings had a split along the ring if we are talking the same ones.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
I hear from Bobb that the deluxe AD cab, which was sitting up on a trailer outside, probably didn't sell. Reckon I'd better call the guy, see if I can get him to hold it for me until I can afford it, maybe later in the year. That and a Gear Vendors o/d ought to be most of what I want, really, to complete my unit as a daily multipurpose workhorse.

I had planned to wait a year or two before plugging more money in, but that cab was tight! I was kinda hoping it would sell, thereby removing itself from the back of my mind, where it keeps pushing itself forward.

I got a fine, straight (stainless) glove compartment lid, and was unable to leave an English reel-type push mower in exchange for $0.25!


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
Old guy here,but no beard. I had a booth there for the first time,what a bore.It was no better than a yard sale.Offering .65cent for a $1.oo item.Making sure the distributor shaft turns,looking down each spark plug boot,then putting it down and walking away.The social side of it was great as always.The upside:we made costs plus a bit.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I think the social side was the best part indeed. We had about 40 people on a charter bus from the island and of course it was, as always, a two buffet ferry trip. Think I spent more on the ferry food than at the meet.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Yes Sedgewick, that was the same rings. He had two sets. The one with the split is the kind I needed.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Guys, I went on Saturday got there around 11:00 a.m., had to park out in the grass south of the main parking lot. I was disappointed to see so much non automotive stuff, and buildings that weren't even full of vendors. I bought a Carter WA1 carb that looked rebuilt and a Stromberg 97 core for a friend, I didn't see anything else I couldn't live without.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
At this rate it might become the Coastal Flea Market!


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
Originally Posted by Sedgewick
At this rate it might become the Coastal Flea Market!
I don't care. I got a cab. Well ... got it tied up 'till I get back from work in a week or two. Now to figure out where to put it until I can start stripping it for paint.


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
You got a cab. Good I saw it sitting there. The chassis manufacturing company that was there is making new chassis for that era truck.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Gord&Fran 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0