Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,154 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 | I'm stumped!  I have the rear brake calipers rom an '02 Camaro bolted to my '74? 10 bolt rear. The pedal has always been somewhat soft, but this past weekend I noticed what appeared to be brake fluid buildup all along the inside of the passenger side wheel. I looked over the caliper & hose but find no obvious signs of leakage. Any Ideas??
Robert C. If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes," I'm a Genius in the making. 1950 3600 | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | Your banjo fitting might be leaking under pressure? Are you sure it's brake fluid? I've never seen brake fluid "build up". Could you have a leaking axle seal on that side? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | Might want to check the level of the rear end. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | If it is brake fluid, it will wash off with water. If it is axle lube, it will not wash off with anything. I can still smell it under my fingernails and I haven't worked on my rear axle in two years. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 | Dang it! It's the seal, didn't even think about that! I'd rather work on the brakes than pull the rear end apart!
Robert C. If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes," I'm a Genius in the making. 1950 3600 | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | If it is brake fluid, it will wash off with water. If it is axle lube, it will not wash off with anything. I can still smell it under my fingernails and I haven't worked on my rear axle in two years. Carl I think you should wash your hands more often Carl  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | If it is brake fluid, it will wash off with water. If it is axle lube, it will not wash off with anything. I can still smell it under my fingernails and I haven't worked on my rear axle in two years. Carl I think you should wash your hands more often Carl  Next thing you are probably going to suggest is for me to make my bed in the morning even though I'll just mess it up tonight. 
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 |
Robert C. If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes," I'm a Genius in the making. 1950 3600 | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | If it is brake fluid, it will wash off with water. If it is axle lube, it will not wash off with anything. I can still smell it under my fingernails and I haven't worked on my rear axle in two years. Carl I think you should wash your hands more often Carl  Next thing you are probably going to suggest is for me to make my bed in the morning even though I'll just mess it up tonight.  Nah that's your wife's job  | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | Great! Brakes work much better when they're not covered in gear lube! | | |
| |