The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (RoadsScholar, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 197 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
i just bought a 1954 REO 2 ton gold comet and can't find any info about it? anyone know where to get a service manual for it? i searched on the internet and found nothing. also anyone know someone i can contact that has knowledge about these? sorry for this question that doesn't deal with GM but i figure someone on here knows something, thanks.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
Right now there's a "Motors" manual on ebay for 50's Reos and Autocars.

SimS

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
I think the ATHS has had articles about Reo. I have back issues for about 25 years, but they are not indexed. I think the ATHS would probably be a good organization for you to join. A Reo falls more into their realm than any other organization that I know of.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
I*'m pretty sure the "Gold Comet" was a V-8 gasser,produced by REO. There was one featured in "Vintage Truck Magazine"(sponsored by: A.T.H.S.),,a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can find it in my archives. I think the engine was painted gold,if I remember correctly. I.M.O.,ALL of these old trucks helped build America,during a time of mostly gravel roads,and few driver comforts. All of these trucks were built to last. Look at that Federal,posted about 2-months ago! It went through a flood,and the "KID and his GRANDDAD",got it up-and-running!! That is a Hercules engine. They were used by several manufacturers,including Studebaker,and Federal. I know it's not a G.M.,but do you have any pic's?? Welcome to the "Bolt"!

Last edited by wetwilly5757; 04/08/2014 8:24 AM.

Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
I think REO called their 6 and V8 a Gold Comet in the 50's until the 70's. The V8 went up to 440 CU In and would blow the doors off of a 671 Detroit. But the oil embargo of the early 70's meant the demise of all the big gassers. The would just about stay up with my old 550 GMC. But I was young then and it was the old geezers driving the REOs then. Now I'm the old geezer.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
Kenneth, are you saying that your in the market for a REO? Don


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0