| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (3B, BC59, bluechev, MickeyP, Rusty Heaps, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, pauld, 1 invisible),
84
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,628 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 120 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 120 | Hi Folks!
I was wondering on the 1941 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton what are the differences on the front king pins, Spindles and bearings? I may look into a disc brake setup but I have an 8 lug 3/4 ton truck and not sure what will interchange with it even with just stock components it appears one wont interchange with the other.
Thanks! Skip | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 277 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 277 | I believe you will find that the 41 3/4 ton and 1/2 tons use the same front axle. However, 41 was sometimes an odd year. 41 should have been the year that they went to the heavier front axle (king pins, spindles and bearings). I have seen one, however, that was apparently build with the lighter parts, probably left over from earlier years. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 120 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 120 | Thanks guys, I will be getting into the front end work soon and I kind of hope it has the 1/2 ton kingpin setup, That disc brake conversion looks good!
Last edited by Skips41; 03/29/2014 12:36 PM.
| | |
| |
| |