The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (FishinToms53, Shaffer's1950, Jman), 94 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,487
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 120
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 120
Hi Folks!

I was wondering on the 1941 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton what are the differences on the front king pins, Spindles and bearings? I may look into a disc brake setup but I have an 8 lug 3/4 ton truck and not sure what will interchange with it even with just stock components it appears one wont interchange with the other.

Thanks!
Skip


1946 Chevy small block truck
1941 Chevy 3/4-Ton -- sold Sept. 2014 | "Ole Rusty" | In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=586788&page=4

There is a guy selling a kit for 8 lug disc brakes on eBay.
I am going to. Take the Huckster brakes off of the front of my 1948 3600 and use his kit.

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
I believe you will find that the 41 3/4 ton and 1/2 tons use the same front axle. However, 41 was sometimes an odd year. 41 should have been the year that they went to the heavier front axle (king pins, spindles and bearings). I have seen one, however, that was apparently build with the lighter parts, probably left over from earlier years.

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 120
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 120
Thanks guys, I will be getting into the front end work soon and I kind of hope it has the 1/2 ton kingpin setup, That disc brake conversion looks good!

Last edited by Skips41; 03/29/2014 12:36 PM.

1946 Chevy small block truck
1941 Chevy 3/4-Ton -- sold Sept. 2014 | "Ole Rusty" | In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0