The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, Gray_Ghost, TooMany2count), 68 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,712
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1016080 03/22/2014 9:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 209
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 209
I searched this site, more confused than before. Were the recessed bars painted the interior color and the raised ones polished or painted? Also, are the inside of the doors the exterior color or interior. My 3104 will be a semi-retired working girl, but I'd like to keep her close to original. Thanks, John

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 155
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 155
The doors (and jambs) should be interior color (champagne) to the bend which is visible from outside. The glove box doors on the 1947-1949 trucks were stainless and the 1950-1953 had painted glove box doors. The paint scheme was a variation on the interior champagne with the recessed bars slightly darker and the raised bars lighter. The reproduction glove box doors appear to have the colors about correct.
RdsLesTaken/Don

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/RdLessTaken/media/IMG_8574sm_zpsf606d867.jpg.html

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 209
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 209
Thanks Don. I thought that was the scheme, just wasn't sure. Every time I search something I end up going down side roads on other things that catch my eye. I wonder if this happens to other people, or do I have a case of ADD!! John

Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
I was reading about engine oil pressure and ended up here smile


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0