Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Shade Baby),
152
guests, and
8
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,214 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,636 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,636 | Might help to know what kind of problem you are having. Is part of the lights working? Wrong light working? Nothing working at all? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 | I have power coming from the brake switch when brakes are pressed. I imagine the red wire, going into the switch, is the power that feeds everything. What I need to know is which wire is the left/right turn signal and which is the brake lights. By which wires, I mean on the switch itself. I have 6 colors: orange, red, green, black, yellow, and brown. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 | Just a thought right now, ill hook up the red wire and see what gets power when I change the blinkers and brakes... nvm yall... | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | soldering on that switch looks suspect, possible cold joints .... compare that generic wiring diagram with the info in the tech tipBill | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 | I got it working.
The right blinker is blinking slower and dimmer than the left side. Any suggestions? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 | I bought a flasher from one of the old chevy parts dealers. I figured out after the second one they were junk. Paid about 8.00. Then bought a borg warner for 20.00 and they work great. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Blinking slower, dimmer? Ground or hot contact corroded/loose somewhere. Could be problem inside the switch.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | Slower and dimmer on one side can be caused by a bad connection. Either hot or a bad ground. If those check out then look at the light bulbs and make sure they match what is in the working side. A low watt bulb will draw less current than a higher watt bulb and the flasher is current sensitive. A single low watt bulb will dim and slow the lights on one side. Let us know what you find.
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 775 | I was having slow and inconsistent blinking and it was the flasher. | | |
| |