Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (rfs56trk, 50Chevy3100, 3800GUY, cmayna, Donf, Barry Martak, Peggy M, Lightholder's Dad, 1 invisible),
117
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,461 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 | can someone post a picture of a 54 chevy truck clock housing mounted on a dash . i drilled the holes for mine i think i drilled them to low | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Question is, where did you find one???? Been looking for one for several years and they never pop up. Was hoping someone would clone them. Priced properly they would sell like Krispy Kream donuts. Even cast out of resin, once painted you couldn't tell the difference. If I could find one I had planned to make a mold and try casting them my self. JC has a couple of pictures: http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/blog/...al-articles/1947-55/accessories-1947-55/ Tks, DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I have three (all from eBay - from more than 5 years ago).
The installation instructions came from a NOS in box until that I got on eBay about 13 years ago.
A Stovebolt member (deluxe54panel, I think) makes molded reproductions and posts an ad every so often in the Swap Meet.
I'll make a deal on sending a used housing to you - to use as a mold, Denny.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 | I have two , the first one i bought off of craigslist . the guy had 54 parts and i asked if he had one and he did . the second hosuing I found on a truck . there is a nos housing on ebay | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Saw that one, like I said, that's about $300 more than I think they are worth. They only bring that sort of money because no one is trying to reproduce them. Some one with the ability to cast them (did that sound like I said China) will see the market for them and start making repops, just like they finally did for the deluxe heater cores.
Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 34 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 34 | Yeah, and then you gotta find a clock. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Clocks are much easier to find than housings, However, the clocks are usually no longer working (my guess is that Denny can clean/oil a clock). Re-chroming the clock bezel is an additional cost.
The same 54 Chevrolet truck clock was used on 54/55 GMCs and on 53/54 Chevrolet cars. The winder locations seem to differ, but I have heard people state that the clocks came from three sources.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | I have been contemplating making one on a 3D printer from a laser scan just for fun. Too many projects but one of these days... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 | I bought an after market clock housing from fellow Stovebolter "delux54panel". It is made of fiberglass. Installed it on the dash. It fits great and looks great. Painted it to match the dash. Also decided I wanted a tach so I removed the clock and replaced it with a tach. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | In case anyone is interested, that clock's color is Pulsar Gray - the deluxe interior color on regular 54/55 cabs and the standard interior color on 54/55 Suburban cabs.
Last edited by cletis; 03/08/2014 6:49 PM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted off topic posts.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 277 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 277 | Here is a picture of mine. I took it out of the original GM box to install it. Joe 1954 clock housing
Last edited by cletis; 03/08/2014 9:37 PM. Reason: repaired link
1955 First Series 3100
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 121 | Thanks guys for your help ! heres two pictures , we cut the hole for the electric clock . 54 truck clock 54 truck clock hole | | | | | Joined: Oct 2017 Posts: 1 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Oct 2017 Posts: 1 | Hey everyone, first time here, was wondering if since the time of the original posting if anyone has got a lead on any of these clock housings. I got some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket and the ability to cast em so that others may enjoy them too. Id really like one for my 49 or 55.1. Please if anyone has one for sale or is willing to lend one (id be happy to leave a deposit) or some arrangement so i can make a mold please reply. Thank you! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | After you make several posts, you can send a Private Message to members
A member here, deluxe54panel, had some of those housing made - maybe he still has one?
Otherwise, post a Part Wanted ad in the Swap Meet.
Get your posts count by telling us about your truck, and what you want/need to do with it.
| | |
| |