The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Justhorsenround, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
I told many a Stovebolter that I did not want to meet either the steering shaft/ wheel nor the dash if they decided to stop faster than my body. I promised myself 3 point seat belts last summer. Spring has to be coming shortly. I looked into the tech tips and searched for 3 point seat belts and came up empty.
Mine will go into my 1951 Chevy 1 ton cab. Can anyone help me out please?
Thank You
Jerry



Jerry
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
Deve posted this tech tip on Juliano's. I started the install so I can not tell how well it works.


1953 Chevy 3100
261 and SM420
53Chevy 3100
1953 Mack Firetruck
1972 Porsche 911
1986 Honda Goldwing
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
Yep, Juliano's is your best bet.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
Yep


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,084
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,084
I also saw 3 pt belts in my new Patrick's catalog. They're old school so have to order the catalog....also lot's of good driveline parts.

Last edited by Allen Lane; 03/04/2014 3:16 AM.

Allen
Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude

1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer
1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer
1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod
1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great
1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week
1974 Stingray Corvette

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,001
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,001
I also went with Juliano's. Lots of welding/fabrication is required, so be prepared.

Also, to avoid the chances of your truck stopping faster than your body, may I suggest front disk brakes, and a dual master cylinder. Seatbelts and brakes were the mandatory improvements before anyone in my family would feel somewhat safe driving the truck.

Last edited by DavidF; 03/04/2014 3:09 PM.
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
Deve, Thank you for the tutorial, I looked at it this morning and printed it out. I will probably order the appropriate seat belts this week and make this my next project. Again Thank You
Jerry



Jerry
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
I too used the Juliano's 3 point belts in my 52 GMC and 50 Chevy trucks but did not feel comfortable in snaking the fixed part of the system through the seat cushions and came up with a more direct "pull" by using some angle iron brackets mounted to the floor. bracket I had to cut out a piece of the back of the seat frame for the belt to pass through and used pieces of a plastic binder spline as an anti-chafe guard. cutout While I welded in my upper attachment point for the over-the-shoulder attachment point I don't think it is absolutely necessary as the plate is also held in place with a bolt. I think all that would be necessary is to secure it temporarily until that bolt is in place.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
That sounds like a great idea Huck! That's what is so cool about this forum.. you start with an idea, and others make it even better. :)


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 13
I just installed a set in my 53, My set came without a mount for the shoulder. I used a 3x3 3/16" steel plate. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the center and two 1/8" holes along one edge for attaching a fish wire. On the back I welded a 7/16 fine thread nut for the attachment bolt. After drilling through the body with a 1/2 drill I dropped the nut assembly down using the wire. A magnet will hold it flat while you start the bolt. I used a dab of silicone on the face of the steel to hold it in place if I ever remove the nut again. No problem with the nut spinning since I had th wire attached. After assembly was complete I jiggled the wire back and forth a bit and snapped it off.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 179
Will be putting belts in me 57 1/2 ton. any issues with still having the gas tank behind the seat?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Originally Posted by One ear dicky
any issues with still having the gas tank behind the seat?

Not unless you have it in a movie.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 146
I need to install 3 point seat belts in my 52' 3 window and was wondering how far back I can install the top shoulder harness. My aftermarket seat sits back a little further into the cab corners, so I'd like to have the top mount back in the curved part of the cab. I plan to use a heavy backing plate behind the cab wall with a grade 5 bolt. Will this work?
Dck54, do you have any pics of your install?


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0