| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (tclederman, TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
132
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | While rebuilding my Rochester B carb which I believe is original to my '48 235ci Loadmaster. I noticed my Power piston is a little chewed up on the end. Should I just sand the radius smooth and clean up the V? Or should I find one in better condition? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Rochester 'B' wasn't released till the '50 model year Curt. You must have a later 235 in your truck. That power piston is a critical part to the performance of that carburetor on your engine and is held to a fairly close fit since it's a vacuum operated device. I don't see anything wrong with that one from the angle that it's shot at. Just be carful when cleaning it, you don't want to reduce the clearance and it must be straight as it pushes the ball off it's seat.
DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I think Curt is talking about the needle end which appears to be a little chewed up. If that is the case then it should be replaced.
Last edited by truckernix; 03/04/2014 12:40 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Ah, couldn't see it in the picture Fred, yeah think I'd look for a new one also. If the end is buggered up it's possible the PO could have hacked some length off of it.
DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | Sorry guys I should have used a photo like this. | | |
| |
| |