The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ed Atkisson, Steelonsteel), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,490
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Thanks for your reply. I always am grateful when folks take the time to educate me.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
don't do the 4:57's. you don't get that much. I used an overdrive. spendy, but worked


ccj
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 123
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 123
I changed out mine for a 14bolt rear, for one, disc brake rear. Two gearing options and readily available parts, and third I eventually want to install a locker or LSD carrier for better traction in an offroad situation.

14bolts are readily available and it took me a weekend to swap the rear, change from drum to disc, fabricate my perches, and position it correctly


1950 Chevy 3800
4-53T Detroit Diesel conversion
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Hi everyone

I am not sure if this has been said before but I have learned on here what years truck parts will fit what other years parts so I found this company
http://www.ringpinion.com/
from my Willys Jeep days...it appears as tho they sell all the parts we will need to put a brandy new gear set into the old truck rear ends without having to find a 67-72 rear end...which in my neck is just about unheard of...

I just thought I would throw this out there.

I am loving this thread as I have a 1951 1 ton coming in the spring to my place...I can't wait to get going on it..

MikeC

Last edited by mikec4193; 03/06/2014 1:35 AM.

1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That seems to be Randy's Ring and Pinion and he stopped selling the ring and pinion for these HO52s and 72s some time ago. Somebody will tell me if I am incorrect.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 199
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 199
I found a 4.10 set today. Hope to pick it up Friday after work. Just tying to confirm the stamping number on the pig. Looks like RAK01122. Book says the RAK is 4.10. Any idea?


Just here for the free beer.
1953 1-Ton Dump Truck

1954 Teenage Hot Rod
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
How many cogs on the ring gear, how many on pinion gear? What is the part number on the side of the ring gear? That will identify what you got. Jerry



Jerry
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That set will have 41 and 10 for tooth counts.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0