The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dragracefan, Oswald, dt235sd, Ponchogl), 134 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 150
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 150
I want to improve the looks of my original 1954 steering wheel as it has accumulated 20 some cracks over it's life. I think it is going to take me several days to restore. So I'm looking for any steering wheel to use during the process. The truck is my daily driver AND I don't have a bike.

If the wheel easily popped on/off I wouldn't need another wheel, BUT, my experience indicates a far less positive experience.

Thanks

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
These wheels pop off pretty easily there are two threaded holes under the horn ring for this purpose. They are 5/16" I believe, blow them out with some air add a couple drops of lubricant and a small puller will have it right off. If you elect to pop it with your knees or a dead blow hammer put the nut back on so you don't lose teeth. You could source any wheel from 1947-59 I believe as a back-up they should all be splined the same.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 150
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 150
Thanks Brad.... That is exactly what I was looking for. I'm plan to see how easy it is to pop off and on again before I get the checkbook out again.

Thanks


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0