The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (55shaker, moparguy), 72 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,684
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 16
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 16
was going tru the jim carter website and found 12 piece ss trim for sale with clips for 1550 no spears tho part number trt400


cant stop wont stop
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Thanks, 48zuburban

If someone buys these, please report on fit/finish and the installation instructions/templates.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
boy - that's a lotta dough for that set.. over $125/pc

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
I talked to Jim and he hopes to have them available by the end of February.He is also having the front fenders spears made as well.


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Originally Posted by tomctomc
boy - that's a lotta dough for that set.. over $125/pc


I have seen just the front pieces sell for more than that and they needed work. They also come with clips. I thinl he is working on a tech artcle too.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
All those 12 parts would have been about $23 (including attachment hardware, bolts/clips) "back in the day" (present-day price is only about 67x more).

I think they were part of the $37 deluxe panel option (RPO-430).

Nonetheless, I'd say that JC's price is fair compared to prices I have seen for dented originals.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
The tooling has been made and the first set of trims are waiting for Jims inspection of quality and fitment.

Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Has any one tested fittment etc yet with these? I have been waiting for these to come out.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
There not available yet,he's still waiting for the fender spears to be test fitted by the manufacturer.


Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 16
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 16
now they have the spears $200 per set


cant stop wont stop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Are they actually available or just listed in his catalog ?


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
I just called last week and they are not available yet.

Joe


1955 First Series 3100
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
I kinda figured that,I talked to Jim a few weeks ago.He said they still needed to fit them to the fender panels he sent them.He's showing the 12 pc trims available in may,I'd call him,but hes in Israel right now.



Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0