Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (cmayna, FAST55, Phak1, Cletus1950, Peggy M, Flatblu4748, Charles in CA),
74
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,687 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 16 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 16 | was going tru the jim carter website and found 12 piece ss trim for sale with clips for 1550 no spears tho part number trt400
cant stop wont stop
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Thanks, 48zuburban If someone buys these, please report on fit/finish and the installation instructions/templates. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 693 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 693 | boy - that's a lotta dough for that set.. over $125/pc | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | I talked to Jim and he hopes to have them available by the end of February.He is also having the front fenders spears made as well. 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | boy - that's a lotta dough for that set.. over $125/pc I have seen just the front pieces sell for more than that and they needed work. They also come with clips. I thinl he is working on a tech artcle too. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | All those 12 parts would have been about $23 (including attachment hardware, bolts/clips) "back in the day" (present-day price is only about 67x more).
I think they were part of the $37 deluxe panel option (RPO-430).
Nonetheless, I'd say that JC's price is fair compared to prices I have seen for dented originals.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | The tooling has been made and the first set of trims are waiting for Jims inspection of quality and fitment.
Tim
1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 159 | Has any one tested fittment etc yet with these? I have been waiting for these to come out. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | There not available yet,he's still waiting for the fender spears to be test fitted by the manufacturer.
Tim 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 16 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 16 | now they have the spears $200 per set
cant stop wont stop
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | Are they actually available or just listed in his catalog ? 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 277 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 277 | I just called last week and they are not available yet.
Joe
1955 First Series 3100
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | I kinda figured that,I talked to Jim a few weeks ago.He said they still needed to fit them to the fender panels he sent them.He's showing the 12 pc trims available in may,I'd call him,but hes in Israel right now.
Tim 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | |
| |