The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 78 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,698
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1000194 01/18/2014 10:20 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
I have a question regarding my 46 3/4 ton pickup with 8 lug wheels. Were these huck-style brakes on the 3/4 ton? I know of an early 60's 3/4 ton 8 lug that is headed for the crusher and could get the drums, etc for a song but am unsure if that late a model will replace the ones on my 46. I wanted to switch to Bendix style brakes and have this 60's truck/parts on my radar. The man at the salvage yard suggested that I ask folks on stovebolt whether or not the drums and related parts would swap out on my 46. I am only interested in the front drums as the rear end has already been swapped out to a later 3/4 ton rearend which I think will be Bendix style, right? thanks in advance
Lane


sweetpealane
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
Trucks had huck style to 52. You would need to look for a 53-58 truck in order to convert to Bendix on the front.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
thank you whitedog .... I will focus on those years
lane


sweetpealane

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0