the only place I know of that will drill the crank is crower cams. They did mine for $180. You are going to have to get used to people working on your block if you are no machinist. Particularly the crank drilling, you ain't gonna do it in your garage I can promise you that. Anyway, Gene Beck is the one who told me all this, but the 235 crank swap is the easiest, basically just remove the little spigot/2" piece of tubing in the block that feeds the spray nozzles manifold. Then tap and plug this hole. He said to use a '54 oil pump and pickup, as there is a relief valve. Now if you desire a full flow filter then things are different. However the splash system has worked for many years, the engine I took out was in there for nearly thirty years, and at least 90,000 miles. Smoked like a forest fire, but it spent a lot of time sitting, while I was out to sea, and for the better part of 5 years while I was terrorizing Waikiki as a younger man. But is still ran fine. I have a long way to go to beat that engine. Whatever the case, I have done a lot of research on this and if you are interested, PM me.

Last edited by brokenhead; 01/12/2014 10:09 PM.