Yea, the previous owner alredy drilled 1/4in holes I was going to increase them to 3/4in for the bolts to be stronger. I plan on hauling my 47' tractor on the truck in parades, so I dont want the bed to come off... I have an idea of how its done, but it seems a bit risky to do it that way then put a 600+ LB tractor on it...
Ill check out that thread! I guess I could weld up those holes to the best of my ability and grind it back to smooth. My dad is recremending for me to do the 3/4in bolt thing, but I know he doesn't know much about old chevys (he's a plymouth guy). I appreciate your help/input!


1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 Chevy 2 Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"if it ain't rattlin' it aint broken"