| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,288 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 1,002 | I wouldn't use the SM318 behind any thing much more than a 283 unless your very easy on the pedal. I replaced the sliding gear 2 or 3 times in a 64 Impala with a stock 300hp 327. I'd look for a latter all synchro 3spd. If you still have the stock rear axle find one with the overdrive.
Larry
I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink. | | |
| |
| |