My '54 235 has timing marks on the front pulley. It doesn't have the indicator tab on the block, so it isn't used for timing the engine.

I've always wondered about the pulley. I assume that a previous owner installed the pulley. I've never had the engine apart so I don't know anything about the pulley. Don't know if the marks are in the correct location.

These pics were taken from passenger side looking down so the numbers are upside down. Numbers go from "0" to "40"
> Timing Marks
> Timing Marks close up

The engine is not totally original.
+ Block Casting Date Feb 26, 1954 (Casting B264)
+ Block Casting Code 3835911
+ Engine Serial # 0369873F54U: 368873rd engine at Flint plant 1954 model year, 3100 with heavy duty clutch RPO 227
+ Head 3836848, Dec 22, 1959
+ Intake 3835590 possibly from 261

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all