Carl & Deve,
Thanks for the advice. I especially like the idea of cutting out and flattening/rewelding the panel in. Particularly since its been my experience that the patch panel thickness is much thinner than the original. *Edit, reread the comment and the slice was down the center, not cutting it out and patching it back in after fixing. Which I guess would also be an option.
So, then I have another question, in response to the weak or broken spring on the door hinge comment.....what actually causes the crease? is it the twist and torque of the door extending, where the door hinge mounting points are twisting and pulling in the sheet metal, causing the crease? Or does the crease come from the door and the cowl contacting, basically a pinch point? I guess I'm confused as to the mechanics of how the crease got there to begin with, beyond the obvious over-extension of the door. An old body man told me you have to take dents out in the reverse of how they got there.
And upon cutting off the skin to replace or flatten out the metal, what provisions should be made, if any, to ensure the structural integrity of the cab is maintained?
Last edited by aggie jon; 10/21/2013 8:33 PM.