Glad the diagram helped.

Here is a good trouble shooting guide for your gas gauge:
> Fifth Avenue Tech Tip

If you have changed your 6v elec system to 12v and bought a 12v reproduction gas gauge, it will not necessarily return to Empty when the ign sw is turned off. The gas gauge sits at an angle in the gauge cluster. Gravity pulls the 12v needle down toward Full when the ign is off. The needle on an original 6v gauge should return to Empty when the ign is off. Don't know if that's true for reproduction 6v gauges.

- Lonnie


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all