Don't be afraid to try and tackle this yourself. If you can R & R the trans yourself, you can probably rebuild it. They are not too complicated and if you have a shop manual it's just a matter of cook booking it together. And don't think you have to have all the fancy tools shown in the manual. Most of the procedures can be done other ways or a simple stand in can be fabricated. I just rebuilt the 3-speed in my '50 with none of the tools shown in the manual. The only "specialized" tool I used was a bearing splitter to remove the clutch shaft bearing. I made the tool to spread the lock ring on the main shaft bearing out of a piece of steel strip stock and made a simple puller to reinstall the main shaft out of steel bar and a bolt. If you're going to replace the bearings you really don't have to be that careful removing them. A brass punch and hammer goes a long way. You'll get plenty of help here if you need a question answered.

Bob