I'm sure their is someone, probably close to you. I had a 37 rebuilt several years ago and I found out something interesting. The gears in a 38 are "straight cut" geats. In 54, the same gears were used in that transmission as a 37 on up and they are "cross cut" gears. If you find someone to rebuild it, there may be two good things you can do. Try to find a good 54 transmission with the gears you need or get new gears, if possible and rebuild your transmission with those gears. Mine ended up being a very good, smooth shifting transmission after rebuild. I can help you with one other thing. I have a NOS 37-38 transmission case which has fresh bearing surfaces. With this case and the grears I mentiononed, you should and would end up with best possible transmission.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane