| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | Guys I have a 49 burb with highly modified drive train. It has a fully boxed frame, 69 Nova clip w disc brakes & drum rearend with a 454 BBC/TH400. I have had it inspected and on the road for 6-8 months and have taken 20-30 minute drives around town, small highway adventures, etc. but no long drives. I have had He%% trying to get the TPI speedometer to work so have not done any highway travel as couldn't afford a ticket and was worried about overheating in Texas August temps. A buddy challenged me to Sh%% or get off the pot so I took it out yesterday for a road trip.
I still have no speedometer but figured what the heck just keep up with traffic. Texas speed limit out of town is 65 which mean everyone drives 75. Its amazing the looks you get when you pass folks in a vehicle 50 years older than what they are driving!!
Good news is after 1 hr out and 1 hr back no issues with overheating etc. I'm a happy camper with a huge smile:). So all those in mid project of a restoration keep on plugging. Whether it is a full blown restoration of modified restomod the end results will be worth it. Keep on truckin....
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | |
| |
| |