Which gets the ideas flowing! Don't have a speedo in front of me
so I don't know if there is access or enough of the shaft left
to repair. But like I've been doing for a year now, I was
unpacking boxes from my BIG MOVE and found my "Little Torch"
and "Microflame" torches. These are, or were used to do fine
jewelry the smallest tip being .006", so it is a really small
flame. When I worked as an instrument welder at the National
Lab I would often be called upon to weld thermocouple wires
together, which I did with the TIG. Just for fun I would show
off by welding two single edge razor blades together, the sharp
edges that is.
So I was thinking that it might be possible to weld a new shaft
on to the speedo if there were enough of a stub left using one
of the Micro torches. Love to try it one day if I can find a
cadaver to practice on.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL