I put a TPI in my '62. I can only offer some personal pointers from experience, since I am not sure of one source of info.
1. You will need to convert your mechanical transmission speedo cable to accept also a speed sensor. If you don't have a speed sensor, you will have problems when you stop for red lights etc.
2. That painless harness is not "painless". In fact I don't like them because they have too much exposed wire. You will need to shorten some of it so don't use twisties or wire clips. ties, use solder.
3. heat shrink and/or plastic tape the wires and them put some plastic covering over. A future short will drive you nuts to find.
4. Your original ignition switch will soon be toast. Get everything running off of a relay (Summit has them).
5. I would not eliminate anything on the FI including the EGR. The ECM is designed to work with all sensors. With FI, the EGR makes the engine run cooler believe it or not.
6. If you have headers, one oxygen sensor will work off of one bank of cylinders, but you need to weld in a bung for it.
7. If you must run an external fuel pump oonsider the Eldebrock. Expensive, but they last and they are not as loud as some cheapos. Also, the line out of the tank ought to be at least 8AN and then narrow to 6AN at the FI unit. You also need a pressure regulator.
Get that FI working and you will be very satisfied, on one of the few hot rodders who have jumped out of carburation and into the 21st century