So I'm getting close to doing this swap. I've got a 1983 Chevy 305 in my 53 3100. It came out of a car my dad bought. It was rebuilt, RV cam (?) HEI, Holley 600. Runs good. I've had it in my truck for about 6000 miles now.
I've got a TPI, Injectors, computer, painless harness, distributor, and some other misc. parts that I don't really know what they are. I know I need to run a fuel pump and a return line. I've read tons of stuff on here and the rest of the net. I'm really looking for an A - Z manual on how to do this. It doesn't seem to be out there. All the pieces seem to be there, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if I've found all the pieces.
I'm clueless on how to wire this (do I just need to run ignition power and a ground or do I need to install a new fuse panel???). I know I need to do something to the computer (flash it or a new chip).
I could go on and on, but maybe one of you knows a centralized place I can go to find all the info I need instead of just a piece of it. Maybe someone can tell me why I shouldn't do this swap with this motor.
Thanks!