My 53 has about 68,000 on it. It stood still since '83. I rode in it in the early 80's and the motor was struggling. I know the previous owner pretty well and am sure that it has never had any major work done to it, not even a valve job, until I got ahold of it. By then the valves were pretty well shot. Oh and the block was mildly cracked. All the rubber is good and worn. In fact the whole truck is good and worn.
I would guess that if one took a new truck and drove it on gravel for 50,000 miles it would show a lot more wear than the average truck of today, which roll mostly on freeways or asphalt.
Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe