I'm still running splits on my truck (or the three piece locking rims). Replaced the front tires myself on the original rims! I cleaned and painted them while apart, but had to touch up after mounting because the paint chipped. On inflation of the rims I rapped two 3/8 log chains through the holes just for precaution but didn't have any trouble. But I will say if your rims are super rusted you might want some new ones. I had to swap rearends due to other issues and I winded up with a rearend that didn't match my original rims (hub was different size) So I had to run some not so good 3-piece lockers. I was coming home one day with 2000lbs of concrete mix on the rear axle and BOOM!!! One of my rear rims blew apart. Nice to have a dually though I just drove home!


1947farmer

1947 2-Ton Chevy
Story in the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
1977 3/4-ton
1985 2.5-ton
2- 1947 Allis WC
1- 1949 Allis allcrop
1- 1955 Allis WD-45
1- 1976 Allis 7040

"If it ain't broke you ain't trying"