I still use tube required tires on my old jalopies and I don't see anything wrong with them. I have operated over the road truck since 1964 and I made the switch to tubeless in the early 70's because they have a lot less flats and I made the switch to radials in the early 80's. But what I use on my linehaul equipment is a totally different story. I have replaced some RH5° Firestone wheels with the Goodyear type because they are safer. I was fascinated by trucks all during the 50'sm My father ran bobtails. But I wanted a semi and I finally bought one in 1964. I personally think 40's and 50's trucks look more original. Everyone has their own personal opinion. I like trucks to look like what I remember then looking like in the 1950's.
Even though tubeless was an option from the mid 50's, I never remember seeing a 22.5 until the late 1960's.
In fact I just recently bought a truck load of salvage at an auction in Dallas. Along with stuff for my semis, I bought 6 9.00Rx20 tires on open center wheels that came off of a wrecked school bus. I am going to replace the 10R22.5 on a 57 GMC 550 with the tube required tires because I think they will look better. Of course its like I tell people, "I dress my truck the way I like it, you dress yours like you like it."