I have a 1955 2nd series 1/2 ton GMC. Somewhere along the way my brake pedal return spring went awol. I ordered one from American Classics...but I can't see how it is possibly correct.
I've read that the spring goes from the pedal to the master cylinder box....the spring I got is WAY too long to attach there. So either the spring is wrong or I have no idea where to attach the other end.
Could someone please send me a picture of a stock set up. Where exactly the spring attaches and a good picture of the spring itself would be great. I know I could find a random spring at a hardware store that may well work, but I want to know what is original and need proof if I am to try and get my money back. I have a 55 shop manual, but it only has one illustration and does not show the entire spring, just the pedal side.
Tad
Last edited by Jungerfrosch; 05/15/2013 1:34 PM. Reason: forgot specific truck info
1946 Chevy OS 1.5ton, 1955 GMC 3100, along with other various IH,Ford,Nash,MGB,.....
|