I had to go thru this with my 1952 3100. The weigh station weighed my truck and trailer on my way down to pick up my pickup. They didn't mention that I had the wheels and tires in the back of my towing vehicle. When it got weighed coming back I had burned 250 miles of fuel and the wheels and tires were now on the old truck. It was really under weighed by the weight of the fuel burned and the wheels and tires. It came out at about 2800# and it is costing me $80 or $90 per year for registration as a commercial vehicle.

I had a much bigger issue. CA used engine numbers as the vehicle ID. My 1952 had a replacement 216 manufactured in 1953. I still had the original door plate with its numbers showing when and where it was made but nothing matched the CHP book according to the officer I had to deal with. It took him 2 weeks to decide everything was in order. Then the DMV told me he did the paperwork wrong. I should have realized the guy they leave at the office to check vehicles may not be the brightest. Hope you have a lot better experience.

Chuck

Last edited by cletis; 04/29/2013 1:00 PM. Reason: language