Yeah, that was a really good point. I checked it this morning, an unfortunately it didn't help.

Out of slight frustration, I pulled the master again to try and bench bleed it. I also tried cleaning the front reservoirs port with a guitar E string (very small wire). Sure enough, on the bench it wouldn't bleed from that port. I pushed a bit harder, there was a loud pop and the master came unstuck from the vise and brake fluid splashed a bit. Suddenly after that, the front port started bleeding again.

I remounted it, rebled the backs but I still have an issue. The front brakes bled, but the pedal was EXTREMELY tight and each front wheel took about 20 pushes to fill my catch can. With the back wheels, the pedal goes to the floor easily and the can fills in about 6 pushes when bleeding.

Is this normal or is it sounding like the master might be bad?


1957' Chevy Pickup
My welcome thread: Introduction and Story
My Album: 57' Chevy 3100 W/235