ADpartsman, Are you sure it's a Hydromatic and not a Powerglide? I'm an old stovebolter and have never seen a hydro come stock in a Chev car. I've actually installed a hydro from a truck into a 50 chev. It requires all the linkage,the two piece bellhousing and flywheel/fuild coupler to attach it to a stock 235. I was able to use the three speed coulumn selector for gear change. If it is a truck hydro,get a truck column because it has the correct detents for the 1-2, 1-3, 1-4,N, R. If the trans is actually from some other car the detents in the valvebody aren't the same. Could have been clugged together from a Pontiac, Olds, Cadillac, Lincoln, Hudson or Packard. Carefully clean the tag on the trans, getall the code numbers and call Northwest Transmission, they will tell you what year and make it came from. Then you will know if you should use a the column with a gradicule that reads L, 2, DR, N, R. Good luck with all your endevours, KB.