Hi, Wayne -

If it ran any better with a 180 deg thermostat, I don't think that I would be able to control the powerful beast!

I'm not sure how to interpret the factory specs ... "starts to open at 148-156 deg F. fully open at 176 deg F"

I don't need the heater very often and it doesn't boil over in the Orlando summer heat. Figure I'll leave well enough alone and keep the 160-deg thermostat and 4# cap.

Thanks for the info on operating temp and thanks for the compliment on my newly found brass working abilities.


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all