Anyone want an inexpensive way to get electric delay wipers? I stared off wanting just to simply have electric wipers but it turned to into more.

This project yielded a much better result than I anticipated. Also, this can be done with both the Newport motor AND the "foreign knock-off" that some suppliers sell.

I bought the Newport Engineering wiper motor from Jim Carter Truck Parts that clears the choke cable but I did not like the switch that came with with it. It is hard to turn and seemed to be cheaply made. With that, I spent a lot of time researching wiper switches and came up with a good alternative and it has an added bonus, delay wipers! I am using a 1980-1991 Ford F-series truck (150, 250, 350) wiper switch and delay box. The Ford switch mounts in the 47-53 original location with a 55-59 Chev/GMC truck wiper switch bezel and with some modifications, the original 47-53 knob can be used. To use the Ford switch and delay box, you have to take the cover off the motor transmission, disconnect one wire, and run that one wire out side the motor up to the Ford switch. I did this by drilling a hole slightly bigger than the wire in the wiper motor transmission.

When time allows I'll take photos and put a link here for those interested to see. Below is a parts list.

Electric wiper motor - Newport or "foreign knock-off"
Wiper switch with delay function - 1980-1991 Ford F-Series truck
Delay box from the above vehicle
Wiper switch Bezel - 55-59 GM truck (7/16-28 thread)
Wiper switch Knob - 47-53 drilled for 6-32 set screw
Set screw - 6-32 thread 1/4" long