my trucks vin is 1K154K10xxxx
The truck Id plate indicates its a:
GVW----------5600 lbs
Trim---------STD
Paint--------RPO-710A
Wheel base---127
the trucks Vin indicates its a 1961 long wheelbase 4x4 from kansas city. I get that.
the vehicle ID Plate, located inside the cab on the driver side kick panel confirms its a half ton.
the wheel base is 127 which is a long bed
The trim is STD, which is presumably "standard"
the paint is RPO-710A. It could be PPO but I'm pretty sure its RPO.
the 710 is a 1960 color code for Tartan Turquiose, would the 727 tampico turquiose color code for 61 be the same?
What does the "A" stand for?
with a VIN of 10XXX for a 61 I'm betting its an early 61 truck made in late 1960 which might explain the 1960 710 color.
But what does the "a" mean.
How do I post pictures?
Its a factory v8 truck but pretty sure its not the origonal engine. looks like a late 60's sbc.
Its a long bed fleet side bed on the truck.
needs lots of work but so does my life
Wish I could post pictures.
Thanks guys for all your help
Last edited by mike16; 02/19/2013 4:15 PM.