Guys,
I bought a
turn signal switch to replace the old one in my '59.
The problem is, I took the
Assembly apart several years ago and didn't take enough pictures and I can't find anything in my '55-'59 Assembly Manual.
I have the concept of how it goes together but it's not fitting-up as it should and I really need to see an exploded view of the parts.
Here's what I have so far. The locking wedge is in place on the bucket and the switch is installed.
The Turn Signal Lever threads into a switch activation ring which pivots on a shoulder screw.
There is a finger on this activation ring that should fit into a sliding part of the switch but the finger doesn't reach. I'm baffled by this...
Also, in my baggie of parts from disassembly, there is a thin metal strip (about 1/32 thick, 3/8" wide and 2" from my foggy memory) that I can't even remember where it goes in the assembly. This is where an exploded view of that picture link above would really help me out.
I've moved onto another project but still have this one unresolved and thought I'd ask for help here... and as always, it's much appreciated!
Jerry