I just redid my brake lines about 3 weeks ago. The flex line should seat into the tee for a few threads but mine did not go all the way to the connector shoulder. Just ran out and looked and have about 2-3 threads still showing between connector and shoulder.
You are on the right track for connecting through the frame. I screwed around for 15 minutes trying to connect on the inside of the bracket and then pushed the line out through the hole and was done in 2 minutes. The retaining clip did take some persuasion to go onto the connector.
Thank you for looking. I now feel better that the line should not leak. It will be a week or more before I put fluid into the system and try to bleed the brakes. I still have a power brake booster and master cylinder to mount on a vehicle that did not have power brakes to start with.